Re: [Marbling] Sizing problems

  • hayrettin YANGOZ
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 12, 2005
      dear linda

      1- Prepare the %10 of ALUM SOLUSÝON by boiling.
      2- Dryup the natural cloth.
      3-Do the marbling of natural cloths.
      4-After drying the cloths once again you press them.
      5-After pressing wash them in huge amount of water.
      6-Use softner if you worked on silk for the inextra wash.
      7-press for the last time and go for stiching.

      have nice time with your works

      HAYRETTÝN YANGOZ

      Dean and Linda <linda@...> wrote:
      HI all - lurker and sometimes a poster. I do fabric marbling. I am runnng
      into a similar problem with the sizing in fabrics that it sounds like you
      all are having with paper. All of a sudden our fabric stopped working -
      large blotches from where the paint/pattern just washed off. We now are
      pretreating the fabric three times to attempt to get the sizing out - two
      times with original Dawn dishwashing liquid and another time with
      Synthrapol. Certainly adds to the labor - it is better but not the way it
      used to be. We have tried just about everything - this latest run gave us
      better work, and now when the paint rinses off, at least there is a faint
      design left on the fabric, so I think we are finding some solutions.

      Our "older" fabrics seem fine - which leads us to think once again it is new
      chemicals being used in the sizing. And all our polyester blends seem to
      work fine - it seems to be primarily the natural fibers we are having
      trouble with.

      Any thoughts out there? Any solutions?????

      Linda in Tucson

      Unique Fiber Art & Hand-marbled Fine Art Fabrics
      http://www.marbledfab.com
      Visit our fabric auctions - http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/marblers76
      Visit our store at Cafe Press: http://www.cafepress.com/marbledart

      Art and design school Art design class Art design degree Game art design college Graphic art design program School of graphic art design