Call for proposals for Surface Design Conference

  • carylhanc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10 8:02 AM
      Hi, All,
      Following is a copy of the message that came in this morning through the
      dyers list. I think it would be great if some of our esteemed fabric marblers
      would submit proposals to teach and "share the magic!"
      Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis

      Carolyn Kallenborn, Surface Design Association Conference Coordinator, asked
      if I would forward the message below to the Dyers List.  I know many of you
      are already members, but if you aren't, I hope you will take a minute to
      look over the web site (www.surfacedesign.org) and consider joining.  You
      will find a wrap-up of the 2005 Conference on the site and can see photos of
      my shibori Raven and Firebird costumes which opened the conference fashion
      show as well as other photos.

      Candy Edgerley
      Director of Membership

      Greetings from Kansas City!

      It's hard to believe but we are already in the planning stages for the next
      SDA Conference: MIND AND BODY, May 31 - June 3, 2007. The Kansas City Art
      Institute will again be hosting the 4 day conference and a week each of pre
      and post conference workshops.  We would like to invite you to submit a
      proposal for 2007. Proposal guidelines can be found on the website at
      http://www.surfacedesign.org/conference.asp. Please feel free to contact me
      if you have any questions about the information provided.

      A couple of things have changed in this year's proposal guidelines:
      We are requesting images from everyone even those that have done workshops
      for us in the past. We want to have those images on hand early in the game
      so they can be included in early press and publications. We have also asked
      for all of the proposal materials to be submitted both in hard copy and in
      digital format.
      Don't forget to include a SASE if you want to have your materials returned
      to you.

      Travel will NOT be paid for teachers doing a one day workshop. If you need
      to have your travel covered, and want to submit a proposal for a one day
      workshop, you can also submit a proposal for a lecture, or demo or other
      workshop that does include reimbursement for travel. One of the more popular
      sessions in the 2005 conference were the demos and people have asked for
      more. So if you are teaching a workshop, or you are coming for a lecture,
      you may want to also offer a 1 hour demo.  We'd love to have more demo

      If you have any other suggestions or requests on how we can make your job as
      teachers/presenters easier or if you know of someone else who would give a
      wonderful workshop or presentation, please pass along that information.

      Review of proposals will start March 1, 2006 and the deadline for all
      submissions is March 15, 2006.

      We look forward to receiving your proposals.

      All the best,

      Carolyn Kallenborn
      and the conference committee

      P.S. Please feel free to pass the guidelines on to anyone else that you
      think would be interested.

      Carolyn Kallenborn
      Surface Design Association
      2007 Conference Coordinator