Carrageenan substitute : CMC

  • Ky Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2005
      In Korea, carrageenan can be purchased in bulk(40 found) and price is
      dear. I found the substitute, CMC(Carbo Methyl Cellulose) a few years
      ago, which is from pulp. It works quite good as carrageenan. But you
      must purchase the CMC of the visicosity of around 6000, which is most
      suitable for marbling bath.
      I don'nt know you can find in the U.S.A.