Re: [Marbling] Re: help

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 6, 2005
      What paints are you using? I my experience sinking paint is often due to making the size too thick as well as not adjusting paints right. Are you using acrylics? If so use PhotoFlo as a dispersant, not ox gall.

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 7, 2013
        look on facebook for Danny Ebru - I believe he's in SF.  I tried to contact Ingrid at Moth Marblers but she was not interested in seeing people, which is unfortunate since I'm a big admirer of hers and was there visiting.
        Sue
      • kyruane
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 7, 2013
          Thank you Sue! I too, tried to get in with Ingrid and was told she prefers to work alone. Such a shame since it clearly says in her website profile that she too had a hard time finding a mentor and when she did, it changed her life. I was hoping she would pay that forward. I guess I had no idea just how hard it is to find local marblers - it really is a dying art!
        • Curtis Splan
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 7, 2013
            Hi all, I'm in the Reno-Tahoe area if anyone wants to meet-up. I'm still a beginner and would welcome anyone!