fiber class

  • Laura Sims
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2005
      First, it was very exciting to read that the marbling
      group is up to 500 members...WOW!

      For those of you with "Fiber Fever" I wanted to let
      you know that I am teaching a 1 week class at Campbell
      Folk School in Brasstown, NC January 15-21, 2006.
      Though it is listed under "advanced" classes it is for
      anyone. www.folkschool.org or 1-800-FOLK SCH

      Class Description from the catalog:
      "Color Explosion: Dyeing Fabrics to Marble"
      Brighten winter with a garden of color in a class
      which provides an excellent introduction to the nature
      of color. For one full and fascinating day we'll dye
      ordinary cotton and/or silk in a spectrum of
      colors-analagous, complimentary, and single, double
      and triple-dyed fabrics (57 colors). The rest of the
      week will be devoted to material preparation and
      pattern development for marbling, a hydro-printing
      process. One question will guide the week: "What
      would happen if...?"

      If you have questions contact me at
      indigostone2@... or see samples of work at
      www.indigostonestudio.com.