Marbling with red...

  • D. Guffey
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2000
      Hi Susa,

      I have to agree with Iris that red is the most difficult color to deal with,
      especially to get a true red that doesn't turn "orangey." When I was
      marbling silk scarves (using acrylics) I found if I wanted red, that I would
      use a solid red scarf and marble with whites, greys, & blacks. The red of
      the scarf gave the color, the marbling pattern showed up quite exquisitely
      and I didn't have to deal with red paint! I would also throw a few dollops
      of red on the pattern which gave a two-tone red look, but relied mostly on
      the whites/greys/blacks to give the pattern.

      Good luck...

      d.guffey