Re: Digest Number 981

  • sixshort
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 25 3:22 PM
      Dear Tom, Good to hear from you. What type of paint do you use? I
      have only tried watercolours from Colophon and from Iris Nevins, as
      well as gouache. Apparently your papers don't need any special
      preparation - is that right? I would love to be able to marble my
      papers without all this fuss. Joan

      -- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, leech541@a... wrote:
      > Dear Joan - A local art supply store here in Santa Fe is closing
      it's doors and had a sale on papers.I just bought some Indian
      handmades to try to figure out the problem. As always though, my own
      handmades marble like a dream, so it is not the fault of handmade
      paper in general. Stay tuned! tom

    • James M Mahoney
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 25 5:31 PM
        Just an additional comment from another papermaker - I, too, marble my
        own handmade papers and have never had any problems like that (I use
        mainly Golden Fluid Acrylics, but have used other commercial acrylics as
        well with the same good results). (Hi, Tom)
        Monita Mahoney