Re: Marbling handmade paper

  • sixshort
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 25, 2005
      Hi Iris, You are amazing. You answer every email or message on the
      spot. I am impressed.

      The spray I use is a repositioning adhesive spray. The two brands
      that I have tried are Helmar Crystal Kote (Matt) and Ozone Safe Spray
      Adhesive for permanent and repositionable mounting. Any art supply
      shop will have a number of similar sprays, as they are always being
      used by artists. I have found no difference between the cheap and
      expensive brands, but would use the best quality for what I hope would
      be fine work.

      Are you up to any new things in marbling, or new discoveries, or
      writing any new books? I have been spending much time lately on
      calligraphic voids, experimenting with marbling techniques as well as
      masking and painting before marbling to create areas for calligraphic
      text.

      Do you know of any books or articles which describe the work of
      others in this field?

      All the best, Joan

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "irisnevins" <irisnevins@v...> wrote:
      > Thanks.....what is the spray and who makes it? Is it an Australian
      brand?

      > nice of you to share that. I get students who bring in these papers
      they made...they are so proud of them....then the insist on marbling
      them and always look so upset at the results. They can't imagine how
      you get a great result on commercial paper....they think it must of
      course be better on their special paper. I try to explain ahead about
      the fibers being too loose etc.

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 25, 2005
        thanks.... sigh...I wish I had more time to play with marbling. My efforts have been going into completing the solo mostly Celtic guitar CD. I think it's about done, needs mastering, pressing etc. Should be out in a few months. After that I will CLEAN MY HOUSE! Then try to find some new marbling discoveries!! LOL...are there any left????

        I referred someone in Australia to you not long ago, I can't remember who it was now.

        iris

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 25, 2005
          oops...Joan, I thought I was replying to you in a personal email!! Whew...didn't say anything bad at least! Sorry everyone!!
          iris

          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroups.com>>, "irisnevins" <irisnevins@v<mailto:irisnevins@v<mailto:irisnevins@v<mailto:irisnevins@v>>...> wrote: