Re: [Marbling] Marbling handmade paper

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 24, 2005
      Thanks.....what is the spray and who makes it? Is it an Australian brand?

      nice of you to share that. I get students who bring in these papers they made...they are so proud of them....then the insist on marbling them and always look so upset at the results. They can't imagine how you get a great result on commercial paper....they think it must of course be better on their special paper. I try to explain ahead about the fibers being too loose etc.

      iris nevins

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 25, 2005
        Hi Iris, You are amazing. You answer every email or message on the
        spot. I am impressed.

        The spray I use is a repositioning adhesive spray. The two brands
        that I have tried are Helmar Crystal Kote (Matt) and Ozone Safe Spray
        Adhesive for permanent and repositionable mounting. Any art supply
        shop will have a number of similar sprays, as they are always being
        used by artists. I have found no difference between the cheap and
        expensive brands, but would use the best quality for what I hope would
        be fine work.

        Are you up to any new things in marbling, or new discoveries, or
        writing any new books? I have been spending much time lately on
        calligraphic voids, experimenting with marbling techniques as well as
        masking and painting before marbling to create areas for calligraphic
        text.

        Do you know of any books or articles which describe the work of
        others in this field?

        All the best, Joan

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 25, 2005
          thanks.... sigh...I wish I had more time to play with marbling. My efforts have been going into completing the solo mostly Celtic guitar CD. I think it's about done, needs mastering, pressing etc. Should be out in a few months. After that I will CLEAN MY HOUSE! Then try to find some new marbling discoveries!! LOL...are there any left????

          I referred someone in Australia to you not long ago, I can't remember who it was now.

          iris

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 25, 2005
            oops...Joan, I thought I was replying to you in a personal email!! Whew...didn't say anything bad at least! Sorry everyone!!
            iris

            --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroups.com>>, "irisnevins" <irisnevins@v<mailto:irisnevins@v<mailto:irisnevins@v<mailto:irisnevins@v>>...> wrote: