Issue of ANITKA magazine featuring ebru for sale on eBay

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2005
      Hello everyone,

      I have posted an extra copy of Antika Magazine up for auction on
      eBay. The issue is
      Number 14, May 1986 and it features an article on Turkish ebru
      marbling in both English
      and Turkish. The cover features an example of ebru found in a copy
      of Fuzuli's Hadikat us
      Süeda dated to 1596. The article was written by Isik Yazan, the
      owner of the
      manuscript. He attributes the ebru to "Shebek" who is mentioned
      posthoumously in the
      Ottoman Technical account Tertib Risale-i Ebri. The issue also
      features an article on
      ottoman murakka albums.

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6979458635

      Happy bidding!