Marblers in UK

  • Guffey
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2005
      Laura,

      Anne Chambers published "The Principal Antique Patterns of Marbled Papers" in 1984. At that time there were only 250 copies printed, all with samples of her original papers tipped in. This is basically a collector's book, as it only has samples, no instructions.

      I do not know if she is currently living (as this was more than 20 years ago), but she was a resident of England at that time. The book was published again in paperback in 1986, this time with instructions on how to achieve the traditional patterns. This book is titled "The Practical Guide to Marbling Paper" and is available used on Amazon.com

      When searching for the title I found another book by her "Marbling on Fabric" dated 1995.

      Perhaps there is someone on the Marbler's list who knows how and if you can contact her.

      Cheers,
      d.guffey