Re: copyright permission

  • Evi Parissi
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 12, 2005
      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "irisnevins" <irisnevins@v...>
      wrote:
      > I charge either $400 for an off the shelf paper or $550 if custom,
      but if that goes beyond reason. like they want eight million
      changes, after a point I will charge extra. It also depends on the
      budget and use though....this is a generic fee. If it's a major huge
      company with international distribution you may get up to $4000 per
      use. Make sure you make it clear that YOU retain the copyright. They
      can copyright their edition or whatever, but you hold a prior
      copyright to the artwork. So they cannot think that because they
      purchased usage and it's in their project that they can sell your
      design to someone else now. This has happened to me and it got very
      ugly. Make sure they are licensing not buying out your artwork, and
      it's a one time use. I thing the Graphic Artists Guild will have
      something you can copy in their guidelines book.

      > Iris Nevins

      Any
      > suggestions?
      > Thanks,
      > Evi P.

      --~-->
      href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hesk9on/M=362335.6886444.7839734.
      2575449/D=groups/S=1705785837:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123604975/A=2894362/R=0
      /SIG=138c78jl6/*http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/arts_culture/?
      rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12hesk9on/M=362335.6886444.7839734.2575449/D=groups/
      S=1705785837:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123604975/A=2894362/R=0/SIG=138c78jl6/*h
      ttp://www.networkforgood.org/topics/arts_culture/?
      lives be like without music, dance, and theater?Donate or volunteer
      in the arts today at Network for Good</a>.</font>