Re: [Marbling] Methyl Cellulose Vs. Carregenan

  • ???
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2005
      I think there are some variaions of methyl cellulose; certain one needs ammonia water and other one not.
      The one I have is not good for cold weater, don't work well; not coloring wel, easy color sinking down and
      color dispersing is very limited than carrageenan size, etc .....
      So I use Metho only on warm summer. The advantage is that the settlement of size takes aroung 30 min. enough.
      Carrageenan size is better than metho.

      Ky Lee, Korea

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2005
        I have not been able to make it work with the watercolors for some reason. It's good with acrylics. I just prefer carrageenan for everything, even acrylics personally....

        iris nevins

      • Carlamontagner@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 16, 2005
          Posso, sim, Viviane. Aguardo, então.