Methyl Cellulose Vs. Carregenan

  • Lokman Torun
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2005
      Hello,
      I was wondering if someone can comment on the use of methyl cellulose as thickener in marbling with water-based pigments. How does it compar to carregenan?
      Thanks,
      Lokman

    • ???
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2005
        I think there are some variaions of methyl cellulose; certain one needs ammonia water and other one not.
        The one I have is not good for cold weater, don't work well; not coloring wel, easy color sinking down and
        color dispersing is very limited than carrageenan size, etc .....
        So I use Metho only on warm summer. The advantage is that the settlement of size takes aroung 30 min. enough.
        Carrageenan size is better than metho.

        Ky Lee, Korea

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 15, 2005
          I have not been able to make it work with the watercolors for some reason. It's good with acrylics. I just prefer carrageenan for everything, even acrylics personally....

          iris nevins

        • Carlamontagner@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 16, 2005
            Posso, sim, Viviane. Aguardo, então.