Seeking experienced acrylic marblers advice.

  • Hans Y. Olsen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2000
      Thank you all for expanding my kowledge on oil-marbling!

      I have spendt tyhe last two days breating in the fumes from turpentine and
      cleaning paint from brushes and blenders. All this only to get a final
      result that has a clearly less quality than the traditional techs. You are
      quite right, the colours are grainier and duller, the mess is terrible and
      the MC solution gets totaly ruined by excess paint. I`m defenetly moving
      along to acrylics. The brand of "MC" that i use, actually is Tylose. Thanks
      for that very informative reply concerning different qualities of "MC".

      Q: Is the procedure the same for using acrylics with Tylose the same as for
      using marbling inks in the traditional "karragen"? Do I blend the colours
      with ox-gall, etc.? Should I use alun to prep the paper?

      Thats all for now...going to bed with an enormous hang-over from the
      turpentine tonight...

      Hans Y. Olsen
      han-ols@...