Re: [Marbling] Gold leaf applications on Paper

  • Teresa Kobayashi
    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2005
      I have applied gold leaf to paper and fabric using a fine spray adhesive (3M 55) sprayed over a stencil in order to control the exact shapes and areas I wanted the leaf. Pick pieces of leaf up with tweezers in one hand and dab with a q-tip in the other. You can also apply gold leaf to paper with thinned pvc or bookbinding glue.

      Teresa

      Lokman Torun <lokmantorun@...> wrote:
      Thank you all for the kind replies.
      lokman

      #39839;#22564;#20240;#39659;#12539;#65402;#12539;<tkuroda@...> wrote:
      It is very common in Japan to apply Gold Leaf on any kind of artistic works.
      There are some kind of shapes of Gold Leaf such as "Noge"(thin
      line),"Kiriishi"(square),"Sunago"(sand) and etc. These are cut by bamboo
      knife on sheep skin. And are applied to paper using very thin glue
      You have to learn it over 5~10 years to make very fine arrengement on paper
      as art.
      But, unfortunately, I don't know any english written books on this
      technique.
      Takaji Kuroda