Re: [Marbling] Re: How to Learn to Marble

  • J Dolphin
    Message 1 of 12 , May 11, 2005
      Lucie Lapierre is close to Montreal-and is on this list-and as far as I know-will or can or probably is teaching...............Lucie? You OUT here?

      Jill
      Ottawa

      Message 2 of 12 , May 28, 2005
        Hi to all,

        I was wonderin if anybody in the list applied gold leaf on paper. Any suggestions on how to do it?

        Thanks,

        Lokman

      • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
        Message 3 of 12 , May 29, 2005
          Hi Lokman,
          basically, it is done like any other gilding or finishing. What you need is a suitable glaire or
          other 'adhesive' to make your gold leaf (in the vast majority of cases, it will be not real
          gold but some other metal) hold on to the paper and stay there. Ask a gilder in your
          country, they will be the people to ask for suppliers. Brush on whatever it is thinly and in a
          thin solution and lay on your metal, dab with cotton wool. Full stop.
          Or was it something like brocaded paper you were thinking about? Difficult to do, needs
          an etching press or something of that kind, paper is very prone to scuffing.

          Susanne Krause

          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Lokman Torun <lokmantorun@y...> wrote:

          > Hi to all,
          >
          > I was wonderin if anybody in the list applied gold leaf on paper. Any suggestions on how
          to do it?

          > Thanks,
          >
          > Lokman

        • 黒田隆二
          Message 4 of 12 , May 29, 2005
            It is very common in Japan to apply Gold Leaf on any kind of artistic works.
            There are some kind of shapes of Gold Leaf such as "Noge"(thin
            line),"Kiriishi"(square),"Sunago"(sand) and etc. These are cut by bamboo
            knife on sheep skin. And are applied to paper using very thin glue
            You have to learn it over 5~10 years to make very fine arrengement on paper
            as art.
            But, unfortunately, I don't know any english written books on this
            technique.
            Takaji Kuroda

            > I was wonderin if anybody in the list applied gold leaf on paper. Any
            suggestions on how to do it?

            > Thanks,
            >
            > Lokman

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Lokman Torun

              > I was wonderin if anybody in the list applied gold leaf on paper. Any
              suggestions on how to do it?

              > Thanks,
              >
              > Lokman

              > Yahoo! Groups Links