New to marbling need advice

  • Dan and Lorrie
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2005
      My first few attempts at marbling have been met with some frustration
      and a few successes. My biggest problem has been that my paint spreads
      over the whole surface of the bath. Is my size too thin? I think I am
      using the wrong kind of paint also because my prints are so faded. I
      am looking for bold crisp prints. I am working with Liquitex acrylics.
      It doesn't matter if I use ox gall with them or not they behave the
      same way. Some colors are worse than others. I am marbling on
      Carrageenan. Also does Carrageenan size go bad over time?