Re: new member intro

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 8 , May 10, 2005
      Magda, and all other novices -

      1) Read all the back messages, starting with number one.
      2) Find a master(!) willing to teach. Beware of the enthusiast who blithely starts teaching
      on the grounds of his or her own beginner's success. Have a book recommended.
      3) Prepare for years of trial and error, of success and draw-backs, of loving your work and
      being totally without courage. Be inquisitive, pig headed, dedicated. Get used to the idea
      that virtually nothing can be achieved quickly.

      Most of points two and three apply to everyone engaged in making decorated paper, of
      course.

      Susanne Krause

      Message 2 of 8 , May 10, 2005
        you have to love it, that's all, or else you won't have the patience to carry you through the problem solving that always arises. I have been marbling 27 years and still have "those days". I would need another lifetime to master the process! And that might not be enough time!

        iris nevins

      • carylhanc@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , May 10, 2005
          Welcome to our new members! It would be great if you could give us a hint
          of where on this planet you reside. Perhaps there is a list member nearby
          that could connect with you....
          Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis

        • n sedef ardor
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 11, 2005
            Helo, I am from Columbus, OH. I have been living here about 13 years or
            do. I was born in Istanbul Turkey. I am just starting to marble. One
            question: where do you get your supplies in the usa?
            regards
            N,sedef Ardor.
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 11, 2005
              I have supplies at my website:

              Hope this is some help....

              good luck marbling,
              Helo, I am from Columbus, OH. I have been living here about 13 years or
              do. I was born in Istanbul Turkey. I am just starting to marble. One
              question: where do you get your supplies in the usa?
              regards
              N,sedef Ardor.

            • katherine coddington
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 11, 2005
                Check out <http://www.hollanders.com/supplies-kits/kits/marbling.htm>

                They are in Ann Arbor, Michigan (about 3 hours north of you); or you
                can order online.

                Or you can order directly from Colophon Book Arts Supply in Washington
                state. <http://home.earthlink.net/~colophon/>

                Good luck,
                Katherine

                --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "n sedef ardor" <pongised@y...>
                wrote:
                > Helo, I am from Columbus, OH. I have been living here about 13
                years or
                > do. I was born in Istanbul Turkey. I am just starting to marble.
                One
                > question: where do you get your supplies in the usa?
                > regards
                > N,sedef Ardor.
              • n sedef ardor
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 12, 2005