new member intro

  • mici_ke
    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2005
      Hi Everyone!

      Thanks you for accepting me into this great group. I make hand made
      paper and hand bound books, cards, embellishments for these. I am
      interested to learn marbling and that is why I joined this group. I am
      in awe of the photos. I have never tried marbling up to now because I
      just recently learned about it's very existance. So that said I will
      lurk and read for a while. If anyone has some beginners suggestion
      please let me know, I would really appreciate it.

      Thanks
      Magda
    • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
      Message 2 of 8 , May 10, 2005
        Magda, and all other novices -

        1) Read all the back messages, starting with number one.
        2) Find a master(!) willing to teach. Beware of the enthusiast who blithely starts teaching
        on the grounds of his or her own beginner's success. Have a book recommended.
        3) Prepare for years of trial and error, of success and draw-backs, of loving your work and
        being totally without courage. Be inquisitive, pig headed, dedicated. Get used to the idea
        that virtually nothing can be achieved quickly.

        Most of points two and three apply to everyone engaged in making decorated paper, of
        course.

        Susanne Krause

        Message 3 of 8 , May 10, 2005
          you have to love it, that's all, or else you won't have the patience to carry you through the problem solving that always arises. I have been marbling 27 years and still have "those days". I would need another lifetime to master the process! And that might not be enough time!

          iris nevins

        • carylhanc@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , May 10, 2005
            Welcome to our new members! It would be great if you could give us a hint
            of where on this planet you reside. Perhaps there is a list member nearby
            that could connect with you....
            Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis

          • n sedef ardor
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 11, 2005
              Helo, I am from Columbus, OH. I have been living here about 13 years or
              do. I was born in Istanbul Turkey. I am just starting to marble. One
              question: where do you get your supplies in the usa?
              regards
              N,sedef Ardor.
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 11, 2005
                I have supplies at my website:

                Hope this is some help....

                good luck marbling,
                Helo, I am from Columbus, OH. I have been living here about 13 years or
                do. I was born in Istanbul Turkey. I am just starting to marble. One
                question: where do you get your supplies in the usa?
                regards
                N,sedef Ardor.

              • katherine coddington
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 11, 2005
                  Check out <http://www.hollanders.com/supplies-kits/kits/marbling.htm>

                  They are in Ann Arbor, Michigan (about 3 hours north of you); or you
                  can order online.

                  Or you can order directly from Colophon Book Arts Supply in Washington
                  state. <http://home.earthlink.net/~colophon/>

                  Good luck,
                  Katherine

                  --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "n sedef ardor" <pongised@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > Helo, I am from Columbus, OH. I have been living here about 13
                  years or
                  > do. I was born in Istanbul Turkey. I am just starting to marble.
                  One
                  > question: where do you get your supplies in the usa?
                  > regards
                  > N,sedef Ardor.
                • n sedef ardor
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 12, 2005