Inexpensive Paper for Class Use

  • Guffey
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6 4:12 PM
      If you are fortunate enough to live near a large urban area that has a printing facility that uses a web offset press (that is the type that uses a large continuous roll of paper) they generally will give away the end rolls (paper left of the roll that has to be stopped before emptying onto the press). It is generally good quality paper (not newsprint...stay away from that) and you can cut off the length of sheets you need. I picked up one in San Francisco over 10 years ago and am still using it for experimental practice marbling! Be forewarned, depending on the width and type of paper, these end rolls can be quite heavy.

      Good luck.

      d. guffey