Re: [Marbling]paints and papers

  • carylhanc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6 12:03 PM
      Hi, All,
      I, too, am teaching a teen class next week, and have chosen to get a set of
      marbling paints from Pro-Chemical (NAYY - www.prochemical.com). They are
      acrylics, come in about 20 colors, all mixable, already have the surfactant and
      fabric medium in them, and are in 2 ounce (or larger) ready-to-use squirt
      bottles. A 2 ounce bottle is about $1.89, plus, of course, s/h.

      I use Goldens also, but have been known to supplement with Liquitex or
      Createx when I can't get a color I want.

      I, in turn, would appreciate suggestions for an inexpensive paper for them to
      use - thinking like a good sketch paper that comes in a pad. I have been
      testing several, but a lot of them either curl unmercifully, or really cockle!

      TIA!
      Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis
    • navinh99@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6 12:46 PM
        For elementary level I have been using acid free white construction paper. I
        get a pack of 50 sheets $1.99 from Michaels. It does curl a bit but I just
        iron it flat after its been rinsed and dried. I also like to use the large pads
        of Strathmore acid free drawing paper pads.
        -Lorrie

      • erdem cerit
        Message 3 of 3 , May 10 9:20 AM
          Hi
          i am a new member. I am from turkey, marbling is our traditional art and i am interested in marbling for two years. if any body have any question about traditional way of doing marbling i will try to reply his/her question.
          have a nice day