whoops!

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2000
      I sent off the previous note with no message attached! Sorry about that.

      I was delighted to find some contemporary Iranian calligraphic works featuring
      marbling recently. The compositions are very modern in style, and so is the
      marbling. This particular piece is a quatrain form the poet Hafiz inscribed
      by the calligrapher Yadolah Kaboli Khansari. I understand that there is a
      something of a revival of interest in marbling today in Iran. Enjoy!

      Jake