Acrylics for teens' class

  • Pat K. Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2005
      Does anyone recommend an inexpensive, yet effective acrylic paint that
      would be suitable & cost-effective for teens in a young person's art
      camp? I use Golden, but I feel the cost would be prohibitive. The
      class will be marbling both paper & cloth. I don't want to sacrifice
      cost for a good marbling experience. Thanks for any input! Pat
    • navinh99@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2005
        I have had success with Liquitex BASICS series acrylic paints mixed with
        water and several drops of Ox Gall dropped on carrageenan. Some colors spread more
        than others and some had sinking issues which took some effort to acheive the
        right mix of paint, water, and ox gall. But at $1.96 a tube It was worth the
        hastle! I am new to the whole marbling process and have much to learn. But
        like you I wanted to find a cheaper alternative for the elementary level.