Re: Pre-1800 workshop at TAMU in May

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 11, 2005
      Whoops! I made a mistake before hitting that send button.

      Rare Book School has offered courses in papermaking (taught by Timothy Barrett) and
      ukiyo-e printmaking for some time.

      here's the web site:

      http://www.virginia.edu/oldbooks/

      Some of the courses on binding briefly cover the subject of decorated papers.

      Jake

      >UVA has started to offer sources in Japanese papermaking,
      > printmaking,
    • Brent Mydland
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 12, 2005
        well in a town that has a street named after Phil Graham and a Library named after Bush,
        You should expect well nothing of high educational standards such as book arts,they are most likely just fascinated that people even make books and have engineers looking into see if this is possible.
        my 2 cents Johnny

        IRIS NEVINS <irisnevins@...> wrote:
        It would be fun to marble at this! But too far from NJ!

        Never been to this. Wonder why they have no marbling. It would be heaven to spend a few days doing nothing but pre-1800's marbling!

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 12, 2005
          PLEASE - That ex-Senator's name is Gramm... that's GRAMM ... NOT
          GRAHAM, DAMMIT!

          And they not only have G. H. W. Bush's ( #1's) Presidential library,
          they named a street after him just to show they loved him and wanted
          him to put his damned library there.

          As for not having marbling at a "pre-1800 book arts" hoop-de-do, I'm
          not surprised.

          I lived in Texas for eleven years, eight months, three weeks, and two days.

          Best t'y'all!

          Dave Graham

          On 4/12/05, Brent Mydland <jbg78734@...> wrote:

          > well in a town that has a street named after Phil Graham and a Library named after Bush,
          > You should expect well nothing of high educational standards such as book arts,they are most likely just fascinated that people even make books and have engineers looking into see if this is possible.
          > my 2 cents Johnny
          >
          > IRIS NEVINS <irisnevins@...> wrote:
          > It would be fun to marble at this! But too far from NJ!
          >
          > Never been to this. Wonder why they have no marbling. It would be heaven to spend a few days doing nothing but pre-1800's marbling!
          >
          > Iris Nevins

        • Brent Mydland
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 13, 2005
            gee, I thought it was funny, oh well sorry to offend ya.....
            Remember texas will always be here if ya need to move back..
            Are you related to Phill?
            Have a nice day!
            Johnny

          • David Graham
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 13, 2005
              >Are you related to Phill?

              Ooooow! You really do know how to hurt a guy!

              Really, offense neither taken nor seriously meant. I just couldn't
              acclimate to hot, humid east Texas - but the Hill Country and west
              Texas? - now that's another story!

              Best t'y'all-
              Dave

              On 4/13/05, Brent Mydland <jbg78734@...> wrote:

              > gee, I thought it was funny, oh well sorry to offend ya.....
              > Remember texas will always be here if ya need to move back..
              > Are you related to Phill?
              > Have a nice day!
              > Johnny
              >
              > David Graham <uuglypher@...> wrote:
              > PLEASE - That ex-Senator's name is Gramm... that's GRAMM ... NOT
              > GRAHAM, DAMMIT!
              >
              > And they not only have G. H. W. Bush's ( #1's) Presidential library,
              > they named a street after him just to show they loved him and wanted
              > him to put his damned library there.
              >
              > As for not having marbling at a "pre-1800 book arts" hoop-de-do, I'm
              > not surprised.
              >
              > I lived in Texas for eleven years, eight months, three weeks, and two days.
              >
              > Best t'y'all!
              >
              > Dave Graham
              >
              > On 4/12/05, Brent Mydland <jbg78734@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > well in a town that has a street named after Phil Graham and a Library named after Bush,
              > > You should expect well nothing of high educational standards such as book arts,they are most likely just fascinated that people even make books and have engineers looking into see if this is possible.
              > > my 2 cents Johnny
              > >
              > > IRIS NEVINS <irisnevins@...> wrote:
              > > It would be fun to marble at this! But too far from NJ!
              > >
              > > Never been to this. Wonder why they have no marbling. It would be heaven to spend a few days doing nothing but pre-1800's marbling!
              > >
              > > Iris Nevins

            • Brent Mydland
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 13, 2005
                OKyou know the rivalry betwwen UT and A&M,
                I cant help but humor on the book course with no art.
                Lyle Lovett a former A&M grad says "Thats right your not from Texas"
                "Texas wants you anyway".
                Makes me want to leave, anyone in the NW need a marbler?
                Have a great day!