Re: [Marbling] Ripple Shifting

  • Guffey
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9, 2005
      Hello Ky Lee,

      If you can get a copy of "The Ultimate Marbling Handbook" by Diane Maurer-Mathison (1999) she describes a shifting ripple and how to achieve it on page 50. As this is copyright material, I don't feel I can just copy the information for you. Perhaps you could contact her for the instruction. She has a web site and e-mail info at http://www.dianemaurer.com/

      Happy Marbling,

      d. guffey

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Ky Lee" <kylee2001@m...> wrote:

      > Hellow, every body.
      > I'm a korean marbler, my home-page : www.marbling.pe.kr
      >
      > Anybody knows how to contact Wendy Addison Medeiros, an american
      > marbler? I tried, tried to imitate her ripple shifting, but
      > counldn't.

    • ???
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 9, 2005
        Dr. Guifey,
        Thank your mail,
        I do not mean the works on the "marbling Techiniques" of the Wendy Addison Medeiros.
        Some says she used chemicals. I think it more persuasive.

        Regards,

        Ky Lee,

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 27, 2005
          Dear Ky,

          I watched Wendy demonstrate at the San Francisco
          marbling conference. She doesn't use chemicals, but
          she did have her own unique touch. She floated
          acrylics (Savior Faire brand I think) on carragheenan
          bath. As she lowered the paper she moved it in little
          circles.

          Like you I lover her look, but was never able to
          duplicate it.

          Good Luck,
          Laura Sims
          Indigo Stone Studio
          --- ??? <kylee2001@...> wrote:
          > Dr. Guifey,
          > Thank your mail,
          > I do not mean the works on the "marbling
          > Techiniques" of the Wendy Addison Medeiros.
          > Some says she used chemicals. I think it more
          > persuasive.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Ky Lee,

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • ???
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 27, 2005
            Dear Lara,

            Thank very much for your mail.
            Wendy did by herself or with the help of other hands?
            I think the secrets are in circling and touching of paper on bath irregularly.

            Redgards,

            Ky Lee

            > I watched Wendy demonstrate at the San Francisco
            > marbling conference. She doesn't use chemicals, but
            > she did have her own unique touch. She floated
            > acrylics (Savior Faire brand I think) on carragheenan
            > bath. As she lowered the paper she moved it in little
            > circles.
            >
            > Like you I lover her look, but was never able to
            > duplicate it.
            >
            > Good Luck,
            > Laura Sims
            > Indigo Stone Studio
            > --- ??? <kylee2001@...> wrote:
            > > Dr. Guifey,
            > > Thank your mail,
            > > I do not mean the works on the "marbling
            > > Techiniques" of the Wendy Addison Medeiros.
            > > Some says she used chemicals. I think it more
            > > persuasive.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > >
            > > Ky Lee,

          • Laura Sims
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 27, 2005
              Dear Ky,

              Wendy worked by herself. she held the paper by
              diagonal corners as she simultaneously circled and
              lowered the paper. Her paper size was approx. 17
              inches x 23 inches (43cm x 59cm).

              best, Laura