Intro of me and a Q!?

  • Hans Y. Olsen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2000
      Hi all you marbeles people!

      I`m hereby introducing myself: i`m 27 years of age and beeing a
      bookbinder by profession I use marbled paper for endpapers, covers
      and
      so on... I have some experience in marbling with "karragen-mose" (the
      norwegian spelling) but I mostly buy my marbled papers.

      Soon I´m supposed to teach a class of art students (introductory
      class)
      a bit about marbling, and I´d like to demonstrate this with the
      use of
      MC as the size and oil-painting as the colours. I am well experienced
      in creating all the trad patterns in the traditional tech, but I have
      no experience whatsoever using MC and oil-colours.

      MY Q TO YOU ALL: please give me some hints on your experience with
      this
      type of marbling tech. Any information you have on this topic is
      relevant. Especially the chemical part. How much of what to blend
      into
      this and so on... E-mail me on: mailto:han-ols@... or reply to
      the group.

      Awaiting my mailbox to flow with tips and hints, I`ll start trying
      and
      absolutely failing.

      Yours Sincerely,

      Hans Yngvar Olsen