Re: Calf marbling

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13, 2005
      Yes, I supposed so. It's called 'tree root paper' and, as far as I have been able to ascertain,
      it was not made as an imitation but just on another base - the same way one decorates
      bookbinders cloth instead of paper for a change. A predominantly 19th century pattern
      that combines sprinkling with dribbling and clever handling of the right chemicals. There
      are several methods and recipes in literature, one about as toxic and useless as the others.

      Papier coulé is the French expression for dribbled paper.

      Susanne Krause