Re: Publishers' Bindings Online

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 12, 2005
      Thanks for posting that Sharon.

      I found that the trick was to used "marbled" for your keyword search. 8 examples came
      up, including some historic marbled paper, and some "calf marbling" as well....

      Jake

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon Giles" <sharon_giles@h...> wrote:
      > If you're interested in book art, you may want to check out this site:
      > http://bindings.lib.ua.edu/
      >
      > Publishers' Bindings Online, 1815-1930: The Art of Books (PBO).
      > "PBO, a significant digital collection of decorative bindings, along with
      > a comprehensive glossary and guide to the elements of these objects, will
      > strengthen the growing interest in and create broader awareness for this
      > "common" object called the book."
      >
      > Note: I couldn't find any marbling indexed in this database.
    • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 13, 2005
        Which of them do you call 'calf marbles', Jake?

        Susanne Krause

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Jake Benson" <handbindery@b...> wrote:

        > Thanks for posting that Sharon.
        >
        > I found that the trick was to used "marbled" for your keyword search. 8 examples came
        > up, including some historic marbled paper, and some "calf marbling" as well....
        >
        > Jake
        >

        > --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon Giles" <sharon_giles@h...> wrote:
        > > If you're interested in book art, you may want to check out this site:
        > > http://bindings.lib.ua.edu/
        > >
        > > Publishers' Bindings Online, 1815-1930: The Art of Books (PBO).
        > > "PBO, a significant digital collection of decorative bindings, along with
        > > a comprehensive glossary and guide to the elements of these objects, will
        > > strengthen the growing interest in and create broader awareness for this
        > > "common" object called the book."
        > >
        > > Note: I couldn't find any marbling indexed in this database.
      • Heidi Roukema
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 13, 2005
          My daughter, a bookbinder, will be going to Istanbul in a couple of
          weeks (for a on week holiday). She is very interested in all aspect of
          bookbinding, tools, paper, & particularly in Arabic bindings. Is there
          anybody in this group that would be able to give some information on
          where she could go in and around Istanbul to see books/paper etc.
          and/or stores for supplies or studios?
          On the same trip she will also visit Kairo. Does anybody know about
          book/papyrus related places there?
          She speaks english, german and french so she should be able to
          communicate.

          Thank You

          Heidi Roukema