Re: [Marbling] Muir Dawson

  • Laura Sims
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
      Hello All,

      I emailed Ingrid with an idea that she liked if the
      marbling group agrees. What do you think about
      sending marbled notes to Muir's wife Agnes and son
      Michael care of Ingrid. She has agreed to deliver
      them Agnes and Michael in April.

      Whether individuals on the list knew Muir Dawson or
      not they do not have to look far to find that he had a
      passion for marbling. To many marblers his most noted
      contribution was encouraging a very shy, exstremely
      gifted young man named Chris Weimann to share his work
      with others. Mr. Dawson set up Chris's first show of
      art work, encouraged him to publish his book of
      miniature marbling and even helped Chris record his
      voice to corrolate with a slide show since he was too
      shy to speak in public.

      Best to each of you,
      Laura Sims
      Indigo Stone Studio

      --- Ingrid <floatingcolors@...> wrote:

      > Dear Friends
      > A thousand words seem not enough to tell my
      > thoughts and feelings at this time. But I can share
      > a memory
      > which I am thankful for forever. Muir visited me
      > last Saturday, Feb.19. We almost cancelled it again
      > like
      > we had an earlier planned visit due to the downpours
      > He wrote me an e-mail saying he'll come "rain or
      > shine."
      > And so he did. We spent two tremendously fun hours
      > looking through
      > notes and works of Christopher'. He showed me a gift
      > of a gorgoeus
      > marbled folder Chris had made for him in 1987.Inside
      > was a pocket
      > with 5 pieces of a stenciled Japanese lady, the
      > final piece
      > outlined in gold. During this visit I came across a
      > miniature
      > in the files I had never seen before. Muir and I
      > were like kids in
      > candyland and when Michael called me of his passing
      > just a couple of
      > days later I did not want to believe it. I still
      > feel Muir'
      > presence so close, he was the best of friend one can
      > have
      > in life, a beautiful spirit. My heart goes out to
      > Agnes, Michael
      > and family and all who knew and loved him.
      > Muir rest in piece with much love, Ingrid

      Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
    • IRIS NEVINS
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
        sounds wonderful!