Re: [Marbling] Re: Gum Tragacanth

  • Fred Chang
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 27, 2000
      Jill:

      I wish I were there to say this with a smile, because
      I mean this in a kind way: but if you are truly
      interested in good marbling, FORGET ABOUT THE GUM
      TRAGACANTH!

      USE CARRAGHEENAN.

      Do you want to emulate some amateur session (with the
      gum) or do you want to use the size that professionals
      and serious marblers use, which is carragheenan.

      It seem to me you are going out of your way to use an
      inferior product because you think it may be a little
      cheaper. Do have any idea how heartbreaking it is to
      set up a marbling session with tools, good paints, and
      then have it all go down the drain because of a really
      inferior size?

      I really think you're barking up the wrong tree.

      Respectfully,

      Fred Chang
      --- J Dolphin <jdolphin@...> wrote:
      > Of course this is just going to make me ask more
      > questions! Who knows How
      > Much of this gum stuff is needed to make a
      > size?...............
      > Jill

      =====
      http://mail.yahoo.com/
    • J Dolphin
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 28, 2000
        I wasn't thinking about price of materials at all when I asked the list
        about the gum. To clarify--who here might know the Amount of gum to use to
        make a tray's worth of size?
        Jill

        > USE CARRAGHEENAN.

        > I really think you're barking up the wrong tree.
        >
        > Respectfully,>
        > Fred Chang

        > --- J Dolphin <jdolphin@...> wrote:
        > > Of course this is just going to make me ask more
        > > questions! Who knows How
        > > Much of this gum stuff is needed to make a
        > > Jill
      • J Dolphin
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 28, 2000
          Thank you for the listing on the catalogue---I went over to take a look--and
          was delighted with their articles on paint and such alone--from all the
          other presentation of materials.
          Jill

          I also don't know if the gum tragacant they offer is the same