Re: [Marbling] Making your own paints

  • Brent Mydland
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2005
      Because I do some things that you would never ever even begin to think of when it comes to this art, I make my own colors for many differnt reasons.Sometimes one needs to get the effects that are not available anywhere else, hence the reason for being on this list is to commumicate with the Masters of this fine art we call marbling.
      And if one trys too hard to get the same response someone else on this drop of matter has already done then it saves one much time.
      All I would like is a tip or two to send me down the golden road!
      Thanks for all the responses !!Lets keep this coming in I feel a great energy!
      Thanks Johnny
      watermarktile dot kom

      Guffey <dguff@...> wrote:
      There is a source for pure pigments in San Francisco. Sinopia at
      http://www.sinopia.com
      There is even pictoral directions for mixing your own colors.

      With so many ready made paints (both water and acrylic) available to
      marblers I really don't know why you'd go to the trouble to make your own,
      except for the joy of experimenting.

      Have fun

      d.guffey