Re: [Marbling] Paints and colours

  • paulhenrydesign@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2005
      I almost always think of using "colour" rather than words like
      paint/dye/pigment etc.

      This was especially brought to mind when dealing with ceramics, as "paints"
      do not exist only a collection of oxides and the like.

      Colour without the "s" seems to cover all the requirements, certainly on
      this side of the pond!

      paul

    • IRIS NEVINS
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2005
        my "paints" are PAINTS, being pigment based, still people call them dyes or inks, and sometimes in order to communicate I do use those terms, but try to tell them they are PAINTS. I guess Ink or Dye is more exotic! I also will give up at times and call them colors.

        iris nevins