Natural drugs in the arts. Names for patterns.

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2005
      Jake - remember that drugs and toxic substances such as arsenic, copper, lead etc. have
      been used for centuries as a matter of course. Some substances used in Chinese
      lacquer work are highly toxic, I'm told. Recipes of the 19th century are full of stuff
      (botanical as well as mineral) I would use only with full protective gear and a powerful
      airconditioning system.

      To help reduce the general confusion in names for patterns, an international group has
      been established in Leipzig at the Deutsche B├╝cherei. We will try to establish something
      like a Thesaurus... maybe... The crucial meeting will be held late in February. Afterwards
      we will know whether we feel up to the task and, if so, how it could be tackled and payed
      for. Maybe we decide it was a great dream but cannot be done in a way thaat's beneficial
      to anyone.

      Susanne Krause