[Marbling] Sizing Question

  • iris nevins
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2000
      You get a much finer end product with the carragennan.....nicer clarity.
      Make up just as much as you will use in a day or two.....it is quick and
      easy to mix up. Just make sure it sits overnight at least before use to
      make sure all the little lumps are out.

      You can get a preservative for it, but it is made with formaldehyde, and
      personally, the fumes make me sick and make my eyes tear even in small
      doses. Others preserve it a bit longer with borax, but I find this makes
      the colors pale and fuzzy.

      Always a trade of with marbling, but the carrageenan is worth it.