Sizing Question

  • Sissy Wood
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2000
      As I posted a few days ago, last weekend I took a marbling workshop.
      We
      used methyl cellulose for our sizing. In the books I have on marbling
      and from reading the posts from this group, most of you seem to use
      carrageenan. In this class, the instructor said that after a few days
      after being mixed with water the carrageenan spoils, but the methyl
      cellulose is usable for months and months afterwards. So naturally I
      can't help but wonder why anyone would choose to use carrageenan over
      methyl cellulose. I figure there must be a very good and compelling
      reason. Would you please share with me your choice of size and why.

      Thanks,
      Sissy