My new address

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2000
      Greetings! Everyone,

      Some of you may have received this, so please forgive my double posting.

      As of the August 15th I no longer work as a Conservator at the Etherington
      Conservation Center in Greensboro NC. Since my partner moved to Columbia,
      South Carolina for a new job, I decided to follow along. Fortunately, I have
      been able to land a job; working for the University of South Carolina as an
      Assistant Conservator half time. I will begin by surveying a collection of
      19th C. Southern Literature, then treat itonce the survey's complete. Then
      I'll be moving onto the Darwin collection, apparently the second largest in
      the country after Yale. So, a whole lot of work is in front of me.

      This schedule also allows me to attend classes half time at the local
      community college for now. Eventually I plan to transfer ot USC, and
      eventually pursue an MLS. It just seems that the job market is such that in
      order to get ahead, they like to see the letters behind the name.

      I will still be marbling my line of oversize papers for restoration purposes,
      and also be able to take on some private binding and conservation work, in
      addition to teaching workshops. If anyone is interested in referring my
      services, please give them my new address.

      Jake Benson
      1319 B Summerville Ave.
      Columbia, SC, 29201
      (803) 799-1853