Re: [Marbling] Bottles, Brooms, and Whisks.

  • Gail MacKenzie
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
      Plastic squeeze bottles work for me. I found ³rooster sauce² at Asian
      grocery stores. I have no idea what the stuff is really, but it is red,
      smooth and really hot!! The bottle is 8 oz. and a nice, soft plastic. The
      cap is a two-part snapped together and turn to open and close. The bottle
      with sauce is half the cost of plastic bottles by themselves. I¹ve been
      putting the discarded hot sauce around my flower beds as a deer and rodent
      repellent.

    • Jake Benson
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
        Gail! What a GREAT idea!

        What you are referring to is a kind of Vietnamese style chili sauce called "Sriracha" sauce.
        (That's "shree- RA-cha", I can ask my Viet-phonic cousin if that's the correct
        pronunciation) I've also diluted it in a spray bottle to prevent aphids and bugs on my
        vegetable plants. I do wonder if any oil residues may be intere, but there's probably
        enough vinegar in the mix to emulsify it. A quick rinse with some distilled vinegar would
        probably get rid of any residues...

        http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/sriracha.htm

        everything this company makes is HOT, HOTTER, and HOTTEST....

        Jake

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Gail MacKenzie <gailmackenzi@s...>

        wrote:
        > Plastic squeeze bottles work for me. I found ³rooster sauce² at Asian
        > grocery stores. I have no idea what the stuff is really, but it is red,
        > smooth and really hot!! The bottle is 8 oz. and a nice, soft plastic. The
        > cap is a two-part snapped together and turn to open and close. The bottle
        > with sauce is half the cost of plastic bottles by themselves. I¹ve been
        > putting the discarded hot sauce around my flower beds as a deer and rodent
        > repellent.

      • Gail MacKenzie
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2005