Re: marbling on glass

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
      Sevgili Bahar Bey,

      I recall that a young woman (I think her name was Hatice Polat) was making ebru on glass
      in Istanbul. If I remember right, she was selling her work in the Arasteh bazaar in Sultan
      Ahmet. This was more than 10 years ago, but perhaps this will help you?

      That said, I have not tried this at all!

      Oguzhan Tugrul has developed his own method of marbled fusion glass.... but remember,
      this is not marbling ONTO glass, rather making patterns reminiscent of marbling in
      molten glass.

      Selamlar,

      Jake Benson

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Bahar Taymaz <baharcataltas@y...> wrote:

      > Hello Everyone,
      >
      > It is the first time I am writing to Marbling group :)
      >
      > I have been practising traditional Turkish Ebru on paper for 2 years, but I would like to
      do marbling on glass too. I was told that the method is to use Pebeo Marbling paints on
      frosted glass. Unfortunately it didn't work out. If any of you have managed to do it, could
      you please tell me how?

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
        Thank-you. I opted out! Gail

      • Renato