Re: [Marbling] marbling on glass

  • Bahar Taymaz
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
      Hello Everyone,

      It is the first time I am writing to Marbling group :)

      I have been practising traditional Turkish Ebru on paper for 2 years, but I would like to do marbling on glass too. I was told that the method is to use Pebeo Marbling paints on frosted glass. Unfortunately it didn't work out. If any of you have managed to do it, could you please tell me how?

      Thank you very much,

      Bahar

    • Brent Mydland
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
        ive tried to no results....
        John Covington are you on this list?
        You were trying to marble in glass 12 years ago as I got some pieces from you.
        I have seen a great non pariel on blown glass from glass blowers at shows.
        And was givin some blown or molded glass birds for Xmas that came from China........
        I presume your not going to heat this glass....that like ceramics brings another ordeal.
        I wonder if the Danilo ceramic piece was fired with the inks or done later with paint and shellacked or do I dare ask?
        Good luck and let us know
        Peace JBG watermarktile.com

        Bahar Taymaz <baharcataltas@...> wrote:

        Hello Everyone,

        It is the first time I am writing to Marbling group :)

        I have been practising traditional Turkish Ebru on paper for 2 years, but I would like to do marbling on glass too. I was told that the method is to use Pebeo Marbling paints on frosted glass. Unfortunately it didn't work out. If any of you have managed to do it, could you please tell me how?

        Thank you very much,

        Bahar

      • Jake Benson
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
          Sevgili Bahar Bey,

          I recall that a young woman (I think her name was Hatice Polat) was making ebru on glass
          in Istanbul. If I remember right, she was selling her work in the Arasteh bazaar in Sultan
          Ahmet. This was more than 10 years ago, but perhaps this will help you?

          That said, I have not tried this at all!

          Oguzhan Tugrul has developed his own method of marbled fusion glass.... but remember,
          this is not marbling ONTO glass, rather making patterns reminiscent of marbling in
          molten glass.

          Selamlar,

          Jake Benson

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005