watch your yahoo

  • Brent Mydland
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2005
      > FYI -
      >
      > Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons" to track Yahoo
      Group
      > users around the net and see what you're doing and where you are
      going
      > - similar to cookies.
      >
      > Take a look at their updated privacy statement:
      > http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy
      >
      > About halfway down the page, in the section on cookies you will see a
      > link that says "web beacons." Click on the phrase "web beacons."
      >
      > That will bring you to a paragraph entitled "Outside the Yahoo
      > Network." In this section you'll see a little "click here to opt out"
      > link that will let you "opt-out" of their new method of snooping.
      >
      > Once you have clicked that link, you are opted out. Notice the
      > "Success" message on the top of the next page. Be careful because on
      > that page there is a "Cancel Opt-out" button that, if clicked, will
      > *undo* the opt-out.
      >
      > Feel free to forward this to other groups.

    • Bahar Taymaz
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
        Hello Everyone,

        It is the first time I am writing to Marbling group :)

        I have been practising traditional Turkish Ebru on paper for 2 years, but I would like to do marbling on glass too. I was told that the method is to use Pebeo Marbling paints on frosted glass. Unfortunately it didn't work out. If any of you have managed to do it, could you please tell me how?

        Thank you very much,

        Bahar

      • Brent Mydland
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
          ive tried to no results....
          John Covington are you on this list?
          You were trying to marble in glass 12 years ago as I got some pieces from you.
          I have seen a great non pariel on blown glass from glass blowers at shows.
          And was givin some blown or molded glass birds for Xmas that came from China........
          I presume your not going to heat this glass....that like ceramics brings another ordeal.
          I wonder if the Danilo ceramic piece was fired with the inks or done later with paint and shellacked or do I dare ask?
          Good luck and let us know
          Peace JBG watermarktile.com

          Bahar Taymaz <baharcataltas@...> wrote:

          Hello Everyone,

          It is the first time I am writing to Marbling group :)

          I have been practising traditional Turkish Ebru on paper for 2 years, but I would like to do marbling on glass too. I was told that the method is to use Pebeo Marbling paints on frosted glass. Unfortunately it didn't work out. If any of you have managed to do it, could you please tell me how?

          Thank you very much,

          Bahar

        • Jake Benson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
            Sevgili Bahar Bey,

            I recall that a young woman (I think her name was Hatice Polat) was making ebru on glass
            in Istanbul. If I remember right, she was selling her work in the Arasteh bazaar in Sultan
            Ahmet. This was more than 10 years ago, but perhaps this will help you?

            That said, I have not tried this at all!

            Oguzhan Tugrul has developed his own method of marbled fusion glass.... but remember,
            this is not marbling ONTO glass, rather making patterns reminiscent of marbling in
            molten glass.

            Selamlar,

            Jake Benson

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005