Re: [Marbling] Pipettes

  • Guffey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2005
      One of my favorite marbling tools is a plastic pipette for putting down
      circles of colors. They are available from John Neal, and also from medical
      supply stores. I find them much more user friendly than eye droppers. I
      keep one plastic pipette in each color jar and can add just the right amount
      by a soft squeeze of the pipette.

      I can lay down as many concentric circles of colors as I choose by applying
      one drop of color on top of the previous dot. You can also drop random
      circles of color for a stone pattern. I work mostly with acrylics, but have
      used the pipette method with marbling inks as well. An interesting fact is
      the order in which you put down the colors. Some colors chase, and some
      don't. If a color chases (pushes aside the previous color) then reverse the
      order and put it down first.

      Happy New Marbleous Year

      d.guffey
    • IRIS NEVINS
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2005
        I like them for artwork, marbled flowers etc. For production paper orders I turn into a monster marbler machine, running up and down the tank with squeeze bottles! I like when I don't have to marble for 'work'. Doing it for art is more enjoyable for sure.

        irisnevins