  • Feridun Ozgoren
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2005
      Jake wrote;

      “….Yet am I correct in thinking this kind of whisk is not so common in

      Turkey? It was certainly not used by Mustafa Düzgünman,

      Yet I think I remember hearing that Niyazi Sayin used this some times?

      Feridun, would you care to comment? Do either of you use the whisks?”

      Jake, you are right, brushes made out of broom is not common in Turkey at
      all.

      Niyazi Hoca knows that most of my brushes made out of broom, and he totally
      approves it’s usage and says “results are more important than the tools”.

      I don’t know if he made some broom brushes but I wouldn’t be surprise if he
      did, I will ask. I don’t think Duzgunman used anything but horse hair.

      I make my broom brushes not in the shape of “whisks” but more like brushes,
      with a dovel handle.

      Iris, I never had molding problem with my broom brushes no matter how
      negligent I could be sometimes, but since the plastic whiskers working just
      fine, why bother.

      Feridun Ozgoren