Re: [Marbling] Re: Bottles, Brooms, and Whisks.

  • IRIS NEVINS
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2005
      yes....broom whisk....
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Jake Benson<mailto:handbindery@...>
      To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2005 9:01 PM
      Subject: [Marbling] Re: Bottles, Brooms, and Whisks.

      Just to be clear, you're talking about a plastic broom whisk? Maybe I didn't try the right
      kind? It had extruded plastic filaments that were rather thick and squarish-looking. It
      occurs to me I have seen some small plastic brooms with finer filaments...

      What i meant were some fairly fancy brushes Ithat were marketed in Ink & gall.... I think
      they even slipped up into the handle?

      More to try.... it never ends, and that's the fun!

      thanks iris!

      Jake

      > Nope....I don't sell them, they are so cheap and available in any big supermarket.

    • Gail MacKenzie
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
        Plastic squeeze bottles work for me. I found ³rooster sauce² at Asian
        grocery stores. I have no idea what the stuff is really, but it is red,
        smooth and really hot!! The bottle is 8 oz. and a nice, soft plastic. The
        cap is a two-part snapped together and turn to open and close. The bottle
        with sauce is half the cost of plastic bottles by themselves. I¹ve been
        putting the discarded hot sauce around my flower beds as a deer and rodent
        repellent.

      • Jake Benson
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
          Gail! What a GREAT idea!

          What you are referring to is a kind of Vietnamese style chili sauce called "Sriracha" sauce.
          (That's "shree- RA-cha", I can ask my Viet-phonic cousin if that's the correct
          pronunciation) I've also diluted it in a spray bottle to prevent aphids and bugs on my
          vegetable plants. I do wonder if any oil residues may be intere, but there's probably
          enough vinegar in the mix to emulsify it. A quick rinse with some distilled vinegar would
          probably get rid of any residues...

          http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/sriracha.htm

          everything this company makes is HOT, HOTTER, and HOTTEST....

          Jake

          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Gail MacKenzie <gailmackenzi@s...>

          wrote:
          > Plastic squeeze bottles work for me. I found ³rooster sauce² at Asian
          > grocery stores. I have no idea what the stuff is really, but it is red,
          > smooth and really hot!! The bottle is 8 oz. and a nice, soft plastic. The
          > cap is a two-part snapped together and turn to open and close. The bottle
          > with sauce is half the cost of plastic bottles by themselves. I¹ve been
          > putting the discarded hot sauce around my flower beds as a deer and rodent
          > repellent.

        • Gail MacKenzie
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2005