A New Year

  • Ingrid
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2004
      Dear Gail, Milena and Iris and....
      How wonderful it would be to be in
      your studio as it would be visiting
      others. Sharing the music and watching
      you work. Listening to rock or Mozart,
      sipping a toast,sharing thoughts, ideas
      and marveling at your accomplished works.
      You are truly an inspiration and light up
      my life (as there are others too).
      I know I miss you all, all you marblers.
      Wishing you a Good New Year. Ingrid
    • Ellen Tresselt
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2004
        May I join in the circle and wish for all marblers, and artists of
        every sort throughout the the entire world to be blessed in 2005 with
        enough creative energy to turn fear into love, and darkness into light.
        It has always been my contention that you could show George Bush, Osama
        Bin Laden, Ariel Sharon, Nelson Mandela, Fidel Castro, or anyone else
        you can think of one of our beautiful sheets of marbled paper and any
        one of them would smile and be drawn to it. This is Power, and there
        is a lot of art that works that way, across borders, through barriers
        of all kinds! Don't hold it inside -- please everyone, make sure you
        spread it and share it in any way you can while there is still time. I
        am not a shining star in the Marbling Tribe, just a member who loves
        this art with all my heart and will do it as long as I breathe, and I
        am grateful to be a part of this wonderful group.

        As for what I listen to while marbling? SALSA, REGGAE, SOCCA, AFRO
        BEAT, BELLY DANCING MUSIC, JAZZ, OLDIES, even some RAP and HIP HOP --
        things that get me loosened up and often literally dancing around my
        tray, playing my brush or swirling my stylus as if they were musical
        instruments. In quieter moments, my tape of Emily Dickenson poetry, my
        tapes of bird calls. At one time I had a little black and white TV in
        my studio and I watched among other things, a lot of Dobie Gillis
        reruns. But the thing that was great is that it was a black and white
        tv, so no matter what I watched, it looked old! For anyone who can
        listen to the radio online, I highly recommend WPKN (just type those
        letters into your search). It is 100% listener sponsored amazing
        radio. I doubt if there is anything like it anywhere in America or in
        the entire world. You'll have to listen for six weeks to understand
        the scope of what this station plays. It's great for marbling, your
        mind and your heart.

        Thank you for all the information and thought provoking commentary and
        remember... if the world has cancer, see yourself and a healthy cell!

        I love you all, Nelle