Re: [Marbling] Open Studio

  • J Dolphin
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2000
      Glad to see the announcement! Why don't you make the directions public,
      too--as that would be a help to readers who get the list in digest form--and
      possibly save you having to make a gadzillion copies for readers.
      Speaking of marbling on fabric--you must have been reading my
      mind--as I have a small project to do that will involve marbling on cotton.
      Just what is the set up to prepare the cloth? Can I still use acrylics as my
      colour? How do I block or mask parts of the cloth I do not want to marble?
      Also, when you have your demonstration--it would be wonderful if you
      posted a review of the event here. Certainly I hope you get a good response
      to your event and wish I could be there!
      And now that my memory is jogged--I will direct this question to the
      members on the list who are organizing the show in 2002--How is that going?
      Thanks
      Jill
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9, 2000
        Dear Jill and fellow marblers,

        In reference to the conference it is coming along. An announcement is going
        out to the international list soon and an official USA announcement is going
        out this fall. Thanks to Marie Palowoda a current mailing list exists...a
        real labor of love! We will also be contacting university departments about
        the event. Official stationery will be ready soon.
        Some good program ideas are taking shape. I just had a nuts and bolts
        meeting with the Arrowmont staff and everything is good to go. The Planning
        Board meets next week to nail down more details.

        Best, Laura

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 9, 2000
          YEA! (Shouting for joy!) Please do keep us all posted about the Marbling
          Event!
          Thanks!
          Carrel Hancock