Southeast Asia

  • J Dolphin
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2004
      The scope of the disaster in southeast Asia is quite beyond my comprehension. I remembered years ago-picking up a small sampler of marbled Thai papers-so I went looking out here on the net-for similar examples-thinking to myself-the makers of the paper products could well be ghosts now. This website-shows examples of what I saw-so many years ago:
      http://www.hollanders.com/marbles/thai.htm

      So-for those here who may want to contribute to the disaster relief-who haven't caught the various help agency numbers and addresses, I have pulled this list-from my local newspaper here in Ottawa
      +++++++++++++++++

      Aid agencies accepting donations for relief operations in Southeast Asia: - Canadian Red Cross: 1-800-418-1111 or www.redcross.ca

      - Doctors Without Borders: 1-800-982-7903 or 1-416-964-0619 or www.msf.ca

      - Oxfam Canada: 1-800-466-9326 or www.oxfam.ca

      - UNICEF Canada: 1-877-955-3111 or www.unicef.ca

      - World Vision Canada: 1-800-268-5528 or www.worldvision.ca

      - Canadian Tamil Congress: 1-416-751-8777

      - Canadian Relief Organization for Peace in Sri Lanka 1-416-429-2822

    • laviniaa@juno.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2004
        Thank you for including the relief agencies' URLs, JIll. I"m sure that
        ".us" in place of ".ca" will get us folks south of the border to the
        correct places. I think we're all stunned by this horror.

        Lavinia Adler