edge marbling on buffered paper

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2004
      Another observation is that while buffered papers may not marble
      directly on their face, many seem to alum and EDGE marble just fine.
      Perhaps trimming the edges of the paper better exposes the fiber, and
      the marbling is applied perpendicular to the calcium platelets. Maybe
      that is why it works? I've even marbled Mohawk Superfine on the edges,
      a paper that is terrible for normal marbling....

      Jake
    • IRIS NEVINS
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2004
        VERY INTERESTING! You know I did an order for book edge marbling earlier this year...several hundred...I tested it because the paper was suspect.....they sent some goofed text blocks. They marbled quite well. That was a scary order!!
        iris nevins