Searching the archives

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2004
      Hello everyone, and a hearty welcome to our new list members.

      I wanted to remind everyone that the archives for the group web site
      are filled with a lot of valuable information, and in many cases
      questions have already been duly answered. there are so many good
      postings regarding materials like alum and methyl cellulose, I think it
      is worth the effort. You must have registered with yahoo and obtained
      a yahoo ID to successfully search the archives. Very recently I've
      noticed that as the list has grown older, the method for searching the
      archives has dramatically changed.

      When you go to the group's web site

      and enter a search term at the bottom where it says "search archives",
      you will notice that the results are only from the last 250 messages.
      If your term didn't show up and it says " No matches found in the
      messages searched", don't be put off! You simply have to keep hitting
      the "next" button underneath, and the search engine will search through
      the next set of several hundred messages for the term.

      I'm not sure why yahoo does this, but it sure is awkward!

      Happy Searching!

      Jake

      Benson's Hand Bindery
      Fine Custom Bookbinding, Conservation, & Hand Marbled Papers
      Jake Benson, Proprietor
      1027 Brookwood Circle
      West Columbia, SC 29169
      (803) 926-5544