Re: Hello to the group plus dropper bottle source

  • Susa Glenn
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2000
      Hi, Iris, I had trouble with the yorker caps dribbling & not
      delivering the same size drop consistantly because air leaks into the
      bottle around the cap screw threads. These other caps are like eye
      medicine droppers - they give me more control. Maybe I just got hold
      of a defective batch of yorker caps - I got them from U.S.Plastics.
      Anyhow, I like these new ones better.

      And thank you for the tip on adding water. My difficulty is that I'm
      working on dark fabric and when I add water, I "water down" the
      opacity of the paint & then I've got another set of problems. I guess
      I need to find a happy medium where the paint doesn't crack but it is
      still opaque.

      - In Marbling@egroups.com, irisnevins <irisnevins@c...> wrote:
      > Hi Susa......
      >
      > When my acrylics do that, I water them down a bit. Distilled
      bottled water
      > is best. It slows down the tendency of acrylic base to
      "crackle"........it
      > dries quickly on exposure to air, that's why it happens. The white
      may just
      > have extra acyrlic base in it for whatever the reason the
      manufacturer may
      > have.
      >
      > Also try Consolidated Plastics, they should be in the 800# directory
      > through information....I have momentarily misplaced it. You can get
      Boston
      > Round Bottles with Yorker caps, and I don't believe there is a
      minimum
      > order. Price may be about the same or a little lower. The more you
      buy,
      > they get cheaper, but not by much.
      >
      > Iris Nevins
    • Laura Sims
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 8, 2000
        Dear Susa,

        You may want to try Golden GAC 100 to increase film integrity for pin holes
        and GAC 800 to slow the drying process and reduce crazing.

        Good Luck, Laura